The speed with which measures are being introduced both locally and internationally to reduce the spread of Coronavirus has necessitated that the Club review current operating policies. We have all heard the terms ‘self-isolate’ and ‘social distancing’ these initiatives are all in the aid of helping to ‘flattening the curve’. We need to slow down the rate of infection to help our health systems be able to better cope with new cases of the Corona Virus.
Management, in consultation with the Club’s Board, will be implementing a staged approach as to how we manage the Club’s access and facilities, based on guidelines provided by State and Local Government agencies.
A Club such as ours does enjoy the patronage of a cross section of the community, including Golf Members, non-playing members and members of the wider community. The nature of these visits does involve close interaction with fellow patrons and the Club’s staff, who have all been very well versed on the need to maintain the recommended hygiene practices that have been widely published. The Club would like to reiterate the following guidelines and request that Members adhere to these whilst the pandemic is prevalent:
- We are asking that any Member who has travelled abroad in the past two weeks to please self-quarantine for a period of 14 days, before returning to the Club. Currently the federal directive requires self-quarantine of 14 days should you have travelled to any country and attending the club during that time is inappropriate.
- We request that all Members, guests and employees who have cold and flu like symptoms, including sore throat, cough, fever, body aches and pains to please avoid the Club at this time. If a member attends the club with flu/cold like symptoms, they will politely be asked to leave.
- No longer accepting cash to avoid cross contamination. Members accounts or tap their debit or credit cards.
- Leave flagstick in the hole at all times on the golf course.
- We ask that members use common sense in avoiding prolonged close contact with each other.
We have increased our routine cleaning processes, including wiping down of door handles and other hard surfaces where there is regular contact, to occur several times daily.
At this stage the golf course and Pro Shop will be open and operational at all times.
This is an ever changing situation, one that we will be watching closely. We have a plan in place and whilst the Castle Bar will function as normal for the rest of this week, it is required that members immediately consider social distancing guidance in the Castle Bar. The broader guidance provided by state and federal authorities together with our own responsibilities to members, staff and the public on internal gatherings may require, if necessary to close the Castle Bar for a period of time and become a golf only facility and no food/beverage service due to the congregating nature of a bar/café facility. This will be reviewed daily over the rest of this week and I will keep you all updated if and when these changes need to be made and what impact that will have for golfers.
Management and the Board are conscious of the need to remain vigilant at this time, and request that our Members do so as well. Should any Member have specific concerns or wishes to discuss the planned approach that is in place, please do not hesitate to contact the Club’s Manager Kate Macdouall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding and compliance,
Head Professional / Club Manager